Colonel Graham Guest House in the Eastern Cape city of Grahamstown offers the ideal blend of historical charm & modern day comforts in the tranquil environs of Lansdowne Road. The two accommodation guest houses are ideally situated close to the city centre as well as Grahamstown's private schools and Rhodes University.
Colonel Graham Guest House offers 11 rooms situated in attractive private gardens with a swimming pool and two undercover braai/barbeque areas. The guest house is owner-managed by Sharika van Dyk whose priority it is to provide friendly services to ensure that all your needs are met.
A busy commercial, cultural and educational centre, the city of Grahamstown is situated in a temperate valley between the coastal plain and the hinterland of the Eastern Cape. Its strategic location between the must-see beaches of the Sunshine Coast and the haunting beauty of Frontier Country makes the city readily accessible by road and air.
On the N2 it is 127 km from Port Elizabeth and 180 km from East London, an airstrip links the city to the rest of the country by air, and several long-distance bus companies include Grahamstown on their schedule.
Colonel Graham Guest House is close to all the popular Big Five game reserves including Addo National Elephant Park, Shamwari Game Reserve, Amakhala Game Reserve, Kichaka Game Reserve & many more.
The Colonel Graham Guest House comprises three separate buildings all situated on the same complex. There are eleven rooms in total offering either Bed and Breakfast or Self Catering options. Ideal for either individual or group bookings.
* Main bedroom with queen size bed.
* Inter-leading living room with double bunk bed.
* The kitchenette facilities include microwave, fridge, toaster, electric frying pan, kettle, crockery and cutlery.
* The bathroom is fully tiled with shower.
* Covered veranda leading onto private garden.
* Secure undercover parking.
* Security alarm.
* This unit is ideal for a family of four.
* This house offers two twin en-suite rooms and two double en-suite rooms each with their own security alarm.
* All rooms have private outside entrances.
* This cottage has a fully equipped kitchen with open plan living/dining area.
* Private garden and an undercover veranda/braai facility.
* Secure off-street parking is available.
* These rooms can be reserved separately on a Bed & Breakfast basis or the whole cottage can be booked with self catering being an option.
* Ideal for a group booking of 6-8 people.
* This unit has six self contained units offering a choice of Bed & Breakfast or Self Catering.
* All units have either queen size or twin beds and fully tiled bathrooms.
* The kitchenettes include a microwave oven, fridge, toaster, electric frying pan, kettle, crockery and cutlery.
* All units have private outside entrances as well as secure off street parking.
* Security alarms in each unit.
The NATURAL SCIENCE MUSEUM, Somerset Street. A fascinating coverage of man and his environment, which includes a reconstruction of the first South African Dinosaur, an Egyptian Mummy, the Hall of Birds and Mammals and a Foucault's Pendulum. Hours : Tues-Fri 09h30-13h00, 14h00-17h00, Sat 09h00-13h00. Entrance : R5 adults, R4 children.
The HISTORY MUSEUM, Somerset Street. The history and art of the people of the Eastern Cape with beadwork from the Eastern Cape, traditional Xhosa dress, 1820 Settler history and art galleries in which exhibitions change regularly. Hours : Tues-Fri 09h30-13h00, 14h00-17h00, Sat 09h00-13h00. Entrance : R3 adults, R2 children.
The OBSERVATORY MUSEUM, Bathurst Street. An enchanting period house with the only genuine Victorian camera obscura in the Southern Hemisphere and a Meridian Room for ascertaining exact local noon. Hours : Mon-Fri 09h30-13h00, 14h00-17h00, Sat 09h00-13h00. Entrance : R8 adults, R5 children.
The NATIONAL ENGLISH LITERARY MUSEUM & BOOKSHOP. 87 Beaufort Street. South African Literature in English including books for children. NELM has comprehensive collections of scholarly books and articles, press-clippings, photographs, interviews and biographical works on South African writers. No entrance fee. Hours : Mon-Fri : 09h00-12h30, 14h00-16h30. Closed weekends and public holidays.
The SA INSTITUTE FOR AQUATIC BIODIVERSITY, Somerset Street. Renowned as the home of the famous coelacanth fish. Interesting arrays of other fish exhibits are on display. Hours : Mon-Fri 08h30-13h00, 14h00-17h00. Closed weekends and public holidays. No entrance fee.
Colonel Graham Guest House - Grahamstown
Colonel Graham Guest House is located in Grahamstown . Colonel Graham Guest House accommodation, hotel information, holiday specials, packages, photos, rates and Colonel Graham Guest House reviews. Book Colonel Graham Guest House online and Save!
As one of the top Independent Tour Operators in South Africa, we providing a wide selection of South Africa Accommodation
Grahamstown hotels, lodges, resorts, holidays, Grahamstown travel packages, and all inclusive luxury lodges.