The Protea Hotel Umhlanga serves delicious breakfasts on site and is situated in close proximity to a variety of restaurants catering for all tastes and budgets. Conference facilities are available for up to 180 delegates with well-trained and professional staff catering for every need. There is secure, undercover parking on the premises.
Umhlanga Rocks, near Durban in Kwa-Zulu Natal, evokes a vision of golden beaches, lush surroundings and the exhilaration of holidaying in an idyllic part of the world. The 3-Star Protea Hotel Umhlanga is where that vision turns to reality.
Conveniently situated mere minutes from the protected beach and only 10 minutes away from Durban in the heart of Umhlanga Rocks, the Protea Hotel Umhlanga offers friendly and comfortable 3-Star accommodation. Most of the 120 comfortably appointed rooms have sea-views and all are elegantly and stylishly furnished. Admirably equipped semi self-catering rooms, as well as facilities for disabled GUESTS, are available at this 3-Star Hotel. This successful and hospitable accommodation option offers GUESTS all the mod cons as well as some outstanding features such as satellite TV and breathtaking sea views of the Indian Ocean.
Most of the Hotel's 120 3-Star rooms have sea views and all are elegantly and stylishly furnished. Semi self-catering facilities include a microwave, fridge, cutlery, crockery and tea-coffee making facilities. All rooms are equipped with remote control TV, Satellite TV, hairdryers, modem and laptop plug points, telephone, central air-conditioning, room safes and electronic locking devices on all doors. All rooms are open plan and have kitchenettes. Facilities for disabled GUESTS are also available.
Hotel suites have a separate lounge, bedroom and bar area. All bathrooms consist of separate baths and showers. Rooms for non-smoking GUESTS are also available in the 3-Star Protea Hotel Umhlanga.
1. Umhlanga Rocks forms part of the famous Sugar Coast of Kwa-Zulu Natal. The name ?Umhlanga? means ?Place of Reeds? and the area is one of South Africa's prime upmarket holiday destinations situated just north of Durban.
2. The area is well known for its landmark lighthouse, golden beaches, beautiful parks and a selective variety of accommodation and delicious cuisine.
3. The 3-Star Protea Hotel Umhlanga is close to a large variety of restaurants catering for all tastes and budgets. The popular Lord Prawn restaurant is well known for its seafood. It is also well placed for GUESTS to experience the vibrant nightlife of the area with its many pubs, bars and theatres.
4. The Gateway Complex (the largest shopping centre in the Southern hemisphere) is a 5-minute drive from the Hotel and offers 18 Ster Kinekor Cinema's, Jungle Park, the Wave House, a climbing rock, live theater, a fantasy forest and a Skate Park.
5. Popular local attractions include the Lighthouse and Hawaan Forest. This unique indigenous wood is still unspoiled and home to a large and diverse range of animals and birds. Walks can be arranged through the Wildlife Society.
6. If you are feeling really brave there are opportunities to dive with sharks or view these magnificent creatures up close. Dive Nautique offers boat cruises, diving and snorkelling trips.
7. Further north are the towns of Mount Edgecombe well known for its Country Club, tropical gardens and the Hindu Temple and Umhloti where it is possible to take horse rides on the beaches of Kwa-Zulu Natal.
Protea Hotel Umhlanga is located in Durban City North. Protea Hotel Umhlanga accommodation, hotel information, holiday specials, packages, photos, rates and Protea Hotel Umhlanga reviews. Book Protea Hotel Umhlanga online and Save!
As one of the top Independent Tour Operators in South Africa, we providing a wide selection of South Africa Accommodation
Durban City North hotels, lodges, resorts, holidays, Durban City North travel packages, and all inclusive luxury lodges.